Review: Daily Harvest's "Harvest Bowls"
First, let me preface this with: Daily Harvest did let me try their service without charge. However, this review of the service is 100% authentic of my experience and thoughts about this company and what they provide.
I'm back with another Daily Harvest review! But this time, I'm only focusing on the newest addition to the Daily Harvest product family - Harvest Bowls.
So what is Daily Harvest & how does it work?
I'm going to let you read all about that in my previous Daily Harvest review! In a nutshell, Daily Harvest is a company that focuses on delivering you pre-curated, frozen superfood recipes that you can quickly blend, heat, or whatever the protocol is for that recipe to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle! They have a variety of soups, smoothies, sundaes, overnight oats, chia parfaits, and now... Harvest Bowls!
What are these new "Harvest Bowls"?
Harvest Bowls are basically pre-made, frozen lunch/dinner bases or a side, just without the protein source. This allows you to eat your superfoods and be able to customize your meal too! Brilliant in my opinion! Like the other Daily Harvest offerings, the recipes are delivered frozen in cups and you just heat them up when you're ready to eat them. These bowls are offered in a range of fillings and flavors, all listed below (in no particular order because spoiler alert: I liked them all so much I can't rank them).
- Brussels Sprouts + Tahini (pictured above)
- Butternut Squash + Chimichurri
- Cauliflower Rice + Kimchi
- Cauliflower Rice + Pesto
- Quinoa + Chipotle
- Red Lentil + Kitchari
Now for the fun part - my thoughts on these new Harvest Bowls! I have to say, I was impressed with every bowl I tried. Each recipe was satisfying, flavorful, and filled with superfoods. I'm not sure what else I could really ask for! See the breakdown of my pros/cons below...
- The Cohesive Flavors + Ingredients: Each Harvest Bowls has a flavor theme that is enhanced my the sauces, spices, and ingredients used. I loved each flavor combination! However, my favorite is the Brussels Sprouts + Tahini... excuse me, but wowowow. I felt like I was eating at a fancy restaurant.
- Range of Ingredients: So many quality ingredients packed into one bowl! Not only that, but the range provides so many textures, which helps make a meal feel complete for me.
- Customizability: I love that these bowls give me a solid base for my meals, then I get to choose what else to serve it with. None of the bowls come with a protein, so I added my protein of choice to each. However, you can serve without and make it a side! As well, sometimes I'd add an extra carb source like rice to the cauliflower rice bowls to make them more substantial..
- Ease of Use: It really can't get any easier... you literally just take the bowl out of the freezer, heat, serve!
- Freezer Storage Space Required: As mentioned in my last review, the cups the recipes come in take up a lot of freezer space and they're difficult to space-efficiently stack.
The Verdict: Would I order Daily Harvest's Harvest Bowls again?
While I really enjoyed Daily Harvest's other products, I loved these Harvest Bowls! Not only do they taste great, but they solve a major problem for me: preparing a flavor-packed, multi-ingredient base to my lunches and dinners. I was blown away at the quality, ingredients, and flavors used in all of these bowls. Daily Harvest, this is a winning product!